Thursday, March 31, 2011

Persephone The Goddess Kitty Mama from the SPCA, San Francisco

Temple Parlor Cats
I went to the San Francisco SPCA, I was pet/less in the city. Sooo many kitties... some saying pick meeeee...ow!! Others had the kitty jail blues and hung back, in those hospital green cave cages with the stainless steel gates in front. Walking through the rows I saw a little teenage all black Babymama kitty, she had a kitten, solid blue just a few days old, his eyes not open yet, and I said to her, "who's going to take you with that little kitten?" How love and compassion live so close in my heart that would be me who adopted her, Persephone from the underworld of the SPCA and her boy "The Bambino". Persephone as some rescue kitties are was mad about her fate, she peed on my bed every day, so after work by the time I walked to the laundrymat and washed it all it would be 10 at night, Vet checked her and it was an emotional problem, I wanted to take her back my friend said NO! You must commit to her! I was shamed into it, but I did, and held her up to my face looked into her eyes and said, "I can't take it anymore!" You must stop wetting my bed!" And she never did it again. The Bambino grew huge, Persephone stayed small. Persephone and the Bambino only had a year together as Persephone's early life had taken it's toll and she died of heart failure before she turned two years. The Bambino grieved terribly. I went and got him a black kitten at the shelter, he loved and groomed his kitten, we named her "The Vixen" and The Bambino became a Daddyman and was renamed Thundercloud. They lived happily ever after.
1985, San Francisco.

No comments: